• banner

The function of a water pump

002Water pumps have developed along with industrial development. In the 19th century, there were already relatively complete types and varieties of pumps abroad, which were widely used. According to statistics, around 1880, the production of general-purpose centrifugal pumps accounted for more than 90% of the total pump production, while special purpose pumps such as power plant pumps, chemical pumps, and mining pumps accounted for only about 10% of the total pump production. By 1960, general-purpose pumps accounted for only about 45%, while special-purpose pumps accounted for about 55%. According to the current development trend, the proportion of special purpose pumps will be higher than that of general purpose pumps.

As early as the early 20th century, submersible pumps were first developed by the United States to replace deep well pumps. Subsequently, Western European countries also carried out research and development, continuously improving and gradually improving. For example, the Rhine brown coal mine in Germany uses over 2500 submersible electric pumps, with the largest capacity reaching 1600kw and a head of 410m.

The submersible electric pump in our country was developed in the 1960s, among which the submersible electric pump on the working surface has long been used for irrigation in farmland in the south, and small and medium-sized submersible electric pumps have formed a series and been put into mass production. Large capacity and high voltage submersible pumps and electric motors have also been introduced, and large submersible pumps with a capacity of 500 and 1200 kW have been put into operation in mines. For example, Anshan Iron and Steel Company uses a 500kw submersible electric pump to drain the Qianshan open-pit iron mine, which has a significant effect during the rainy season. There are indications that the use of submersible electric pumps will revolutionize the drainage equipment in mines, with the potential to replace traditional large horizontal pumps. In addition, larger capacity submersible electric pumps are currently under trial production.

The machines used to pump, transport, and increase the pressure of liquids are commonly referred to as pumps. From an energy perspective, a pump is a machine that converts the mechanical energy of the prime mover into the energy of the conveyed liquid, increasing the flow rate and pressure of the liquid.

The function of a water pump is generally to draw liquid up from lower terrain and transport it along a pipeline to higher terrain. For example, what we see in our daily lives is using a pump to pump water from rivers and ponds to irrigate farmland; For example, pumping water from deep underground wells and delivering it to water towers. Due to the fact that the pressure of the liquid can increase after passing through the pump, the function of the pump can also be used to extract the liquid from containers with lower pressure and overcome the resistance along the way to transport it to containers with higher pressure or other necessary places. For example, the boiler feedwater pump draws water from the low-pressure water tank to feed water into the boiler drum with higher pressure.

The performance range of pumps is very wide, and the flow rate of giant pumps can reach several hundred thousand m3/h or more; The flow rate of micro pumps is below tens of ml/h. Its pressure can reach over 1000mpa from atmospheric pressure. It can transport liquids at temperatures ranging from -200 to over 800 . There are many types of liquids that can be transported by pumps,

It can transport water (clean water, sewage, etc.), oil, acid-base liquids, emulsions, suspensions, and liquid metals. Due to the fact that most of the pumps people see in their daily lives are used to transport water, they are commonly referred to as water pumps. However, as a general term for pumps, this term is clearly not comprehensive.

waterpump picturePurchase address of water pump


Post time: Feb-03-2024